Social Workers in Business: Serve Clients First, Challenge Social Injustices & Get Better Compensation
(Launch Membership Course)
Many social workers struggle with building and operating client-centered and service-based businesses that earns income that is comparable to other helping professions such as registered nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and teachers. This in return causes a percentage of social workers to occasionally question their value to society from a compensation perspective.
In this informative 1-day workshop, you will acquire the knowledge and tools needed to build and operate a client-centered business that combats oppression, poverty and other forms of social injustices.
Through thought-provoking dialogue and interactive exercises, you will walk away with a better understanding of how to serve clients’ needs above personal interest, get better compensation through multiple service delivery methods, and more importantly learn how to successfully uphold the social work core values as a social worker in business.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define “Clients” and explain the importance of challenging social injustices that threaten humanity.
- Describe client-centered and service-based business structures that reduces personal liability
- Discuss innovative strategies to reach and serve oppressed and vulnerable clients.
- Identify ethical considerations regarding payment for services: Cash vs. Insurance.
- Articulate how to increase client access to services and get better compensation through multiple service delivery methods beyond individual private practice.
- Explain how to use Tele-therapy to expand services to veterans and other high-risk populations.
- Advocate on behalf of clients by facilitating organizational assessments and responsiveness to their needs and social problems.
Live-webinar Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 – (6 CEUs);
On-demand Date: Available Now!
Course length: 6 hours
Member Cost: Free
Non-member Cost: $84
CEUs: 6 CEUs approved by NASW
CEU Certificate: Issued by R.E.A.L. Horizons Consulting Solutions, LLC
Instructor: Dr. Dwayne L. Buckingham, PhD, LCSW-C, BCD
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886814760-4653) for 6 continuing education contact hours.