I Can’t Breathe: Understanding Cultural Trauma, Grief & Mourning Experienced by African Americans
(Launch Membership Course)
This training is for anyone who would like to gain a deeper understanding of African American’s history of trauma in America. Attendees will accompany Dr. Buckingham on a cultural journey to explore why the senseless murder of George Floyd led to a national tragedy.
Dr. Buckingham will explain why African Americans are struggling to breathe and differentiate grieving and mourning. He will also provide strategies that attendees can use to help African Americans cope effectively with their justifiable anger and prolonged psychological trauma.
By attending this training you will learn:
- Why So Many African Americans Are Struggling to Breathe?
- American history and Black history in America
- Gain a Deeper Understanding of African American’s history of trauma in America through systematic racism
- How to differentiate grieving and mourning among African Americans
- 5 strategies you can use to help African Americans cope with their justifiable anger and prolonged psychological trauma
Live-webinar Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020
On-demand Date: Available now!
Course length: 1.5 hours
Member Cost: Free
Non-member Cost: $25
Certificate: Issued by R.E.A.L. Horizons Consulting Solutions, LLC
Instructor: Dr. Dwayne Buckingham, PhD, LCSW-C, BCD